- You must have ‘Assign Environments’ user permission in Enterprise/Project/Independent Release
- Administrators can prevent you from viewing and booking Environments and Environment Groups outside your Portfolio Association by selecting the My Portfolio Association checkbox for the ‘Restrict Site-Wide View of Environments’ user permission.
- To approve or reject an Environment booking, you must be selected as an Environment Booking Approver in the Environment’s System and have the ‘Approve Environment Allocation in Scheduler’ user permission.
Release > Manager
Access ‘Environment’ tab
To access the Environment tab:
- Navigate to the ‘Release Manager’ page.
- Search for the Release for which you want to book and manage the Environment. You can use the filter options available on this page.
- Open the record by clicking on the Release ID or Release Name.
- Click on the Environment tab.
The ‘Environment’ section in the Left-Hand Side displays the available Environments and Environment Groups that you can book for the Release. The Environments and Environment Groups displayed are related to the linked Systems.
The Environments by Phase in the Right-Hand Side displays the Phase(s) of the Release for which you can book the Environment. You can book one or more Environments per Phase.
Book Environment / Environment Group
Approve / Reject Booking
You must have the required permission to do this task. See Pre-requisites.
If ‘Any booking can be automatically approved?’ is selected for the Environment in Environment Details, Plutora will automatically approve the booking and it will have the status . The Environments for which the bookings need to be approved will display the status .
To approve or reject a booking, click to display ‘View/Edit Booking’ pop up. At the bottom of the pop-up select the Status: ‘Approved’ or ‘Rejected’ and click .
Manage Booking Dates
You can update the Environment Booking Start and End Dates. The new Start and End Dates must fit within the overall TEBR duration, which is set in Start Date/Time and End Date/Time above. See TEBR Mandatory Details Customization for how to allow Booking outside the TEBR duration.
To update the dates, click on the Status of the Booking to open the ‘View/Edit Booking’ pop-up. In the section ‘Booking Details’ select a new Start and End Dates. Once done, click .
The Booking displays with new dates.
View / Edit Environment
To view or edit the Environment, click the Environment Name. This will open the Environment pop-up.
Remove Bookings in bulk
- Select the Bookings that you want to delete.
- Click .
- Click Delete.
Bulk Update Bookings
- Select the Bookings that you want to update.
- Click .
- Click Bulk Update.
- The ‘Bulk Update’ pop-up displays. Update the fields as follows and click .
|Dates||Choose one of the options:
|Status||Select an option.
The selected Bookings will update. Click .
On bulk updating the Environment Booking status or dates, Environment Booking Requesters and the relevant Stakeholders will receive email notifications. This enables them to view the progress of their Bookings.
You can filter the records displayed in the ‘Environment’ section by:
- Environment Group
The Select All checkbox in the Environments by Phase section enables you to select all the Environment Bookings with one click. This is particularly useful if you want to bulk update or bulk delete Bookings.