In Plutora User Permissions are assigned to User Roles. Users receive permissions when they are assigned the respective User Role.
If permission is toggled off for a User Role, the buttons, links, and tabs associated with that permission become read-only, missing, or grayed out for the users with that role.
- Non-Registered Users: This role is assigned to non-registered Users accessing PIR Item secure URLs (from emails created by the Email Template Wizard). This role only contains user permissions for PIR Item Impacts, Actions, Root Causes, and Preventative Measures.
- Super Admin: The Administrator role. This role has all the user permissions.
- Technology Manager: The next role below Super Admin.
- SSO Requestor: This role is automatically assigned to new SSO users.
This article provides an overview of steps to:
- Add/Edit User Role
- Delete User Role
- Assign Role to a User
To be able to access User Roles, you must have ‘User Management’ User Permission.
Add/Edit User Roles
To add a new user role:
- Navigate to the ‘User Management’ page.
- Click . ‘Manage Roles and Permissions dialog’ displays. The LHS displays the existing User Roles. Selecting a role displays the Permissions in the RHS.
- Click . A new line is added under the ‘Roles’ section.
- Enter the Role Name.
- Double click the Role Description field and enter the role description.
- Select the Team Member Role checkbox if the role is associated with Initiative Management module Teams.
- Click on the LHS.
To edit an existing user role, double click on Role Name and Role Description and make edits as required.
The new role is created. The next step is to assign permissions to this new role.