Settings > Customization > Changes > Type
Add/Edit a Changes Type
To add a Changes Type:
- Navigate to the ‘Customization’ page.
- Click Changes.
- Click Type. The existing Change Types display.
- Click . The system adds a line on the grid for the new Type. To edit an existing Type, search and click on the Type from the grid and then click .
- Enter/Edit the Type name in the ‘Value’ column.
- Select a color for the Change Type in the ‘Color’ column. The color appears on the Changes Type label in the Change dialog.
- Select a Category for the Change Type. For details on the available categories, see Change Type Category.
- Select the Default checkbox to make the item appear by default in the drop-down menu.
- Click .
Your changes will be saved and a confirmation message will display.
Sort Changes Types
Sorting Changes Types manually changes their order in drop-down menus.
Sort by Column Header
Sorting Changes Type by column header only changes their order on the ‘Customization’ page.
To sort alphabetically on the ‘Customization’ page by column header, click on the column header. ↑ or ↓ displays indicating the ascending or descending column sort.
Delete/Replace a Changes Type
Deleting a Changes Types will not delete it from Change records. But it will no longer be available when adding or editing a Change.
While deleting, you can either select another Type item that will replace the item to be deleted or simply delete the item from the list. Replacing a Changes Type will replace it in existing Change records.
To delete or replace a Changes Type:
- Navigate to the ‘Customization’ page and double click Changes.
- Click Type.
- Select the Type that you want to delete or replace.
- Click .
- The ‘Replace with existing value’ dialog displays.
- To replace: select the item that will replace the item to be deleted from Replace with. Then click .
- To simply delete the item, click .
The item is now deleted and the page navigates back to the Type page.
Location of Changes Type
To locate the Changes Type field:
- Go to Release > Change.
- Click to open a Change.
- The Changes Type field is located in the Details panel under the Change tab.
Change Types Category
- Initiative: A strategic-level goal to deliver as part of your product roadmap.
- Epic: A large piece of work to be completed in order to deliver an initiative.
- Story: A breakdown of epics into smaller chunks of work that can be delivered incrementally.
- Defect: A document of functionality that isn’t working as expected and needs to be addressed.
- Task: A breakdown of a story into small chunks of work to be completed in order to deliver the story.