You can duplicate a Release and Release Template to create a new one. This saves your time from entering information multiple times.
The steps overlayed in this article is applicable to
- duplicate Release to create a new one and
- duplicate Release Template to create a new one.
Release > Manager
Duplicate a Release/Template
To duplicate a Release and create a new one:
- Navigate to the ‘Release Manager’ page.
- Click the Release or Template toggle button as required.
- Select the Release (or Release Template) that you want to duplicate.
- Click .
- Click Duplicate.
The ‘Duplicate Release’ (or Duplicate Release Template) pop-up opens. Fill in the fields:
|Release ID||Enter the ID for the new Release (or Template).|
|Release Name||Enter the name for the new Release (or Template).|
|Release Dependency||Select the parent Release from the drop-down to which the duplicated Release will belong.|
|Duplicate Options||Select the options as applicable. You may need to update the dates based on the option you have selected.|
|Information to be Duplicated||Select the information that you want to duplicate.|
|Open release template after duplicating||Select if you want to open the record after duplicating.|
- Click .
The record will be duplicated and available on the grid.