Release Manager allows users to view, search and filter their Enterprise, Project, and Independent Releases.
Open a Release (by clicking the blue-linked Release ID or Release Name) to view, edit, or delete it.
- The RAG (Red, Amber, and Green) Traffic Light and Release Highlights settings, which have been moved from the user settings menu.
- Release Grid Edit Mode toggle switch, which toggles the ability to edit Release Custom Field data by clicking on the cell. See Edit Release Custom Fields in Release Manager below.
To use Release Grid User Setting menu to set up Traffic Lights:
- Go to Releases > Manager.
- Click the cogwheel-shaped Release Grid User Setting menu.
- Click the RAG status (Traffic Lights) drop-down menu and select one of the following:
- Show Gates RAG only: Show only the Gates belonging to the Release as Traffic Lights.
- Show Phases RAG only: Show only the Phases belonging to the Release as Traffic Lights.
- Show both Phases & Gates RAG: Show both Phases and Gates.
- Show None (Disable RAG Traffic Lights): The default setting for new users. Show only the Status in the Status column. Do not show any Traffic Lights.
- Click the Late Release Highlighting drop-down menu and select one of the following:
- Click Save.
See Edit Release Custom Fields in Release Manager below to see how the Release Grid Edit Mode toggle switch works.
Filter Releases with the Grid Column Selector
To filter Releases:
- Go to Release > Manager.
- If the grid column filter is a:
- Search field: Type a search term.
- Drop down menu: Click to select a list item.
- Combo box: Click to select one or more checkboxes.
- Date field: Select a date and click Done.
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard to run the filter.
Filter Releases with Custom Fields
Users can also make their Release Custom Fields display on the Release Manager.
To add Release Custom Fields columns to the Release Manager:
- Go to Release > Manager.
- Select Grid Column Selector from the Action drop-down menu.
- Drag and drop items from Available Custom Fields into Selected Columns.
- Click Save & Close.
The selected custom fields will appear as new columns to the right of the Status Column.
Edit Release Custom Fields in Release Manager
When Release Custom Fields columns are visible in the Release Manager grid (see Show and Hide Columns using the Grid Column Selector above) they can now be edited by clicking on the cells, similar to Microsoft Excel.
- Go to Release > Manager.
- Go to the Release Custom Fields columns. (Usually located on the right-hand side of the page.)
- Click a cell in one of the Release Custom Fields columns.
- The cell can be edited and saved, just like a cell in Microsoft Excel.
- Click outside the cell to save your changes.
Drag and drop fields and Channel Impacting are not editable from Release Manager.
- Click refresh on your browser if you are experiencing problems using the feature for the first time.
- The usual user permissions still apply. Users must have:
Show User Groups
Show and Hide Columns using the Grid Column Selector
It is possible to set which columns will display in Release Manager.
To show or hide columns using the grid column selector headings:
- Hover your mouse cursor over the right-hand side of a header until the header menu button appears.
- Click the header menu button and select Columns.
- Click to select column checkboxes.
Release Packages column will only be selectable if enabled in Release Package Customization.
Click the Filter By buttons to filter by:
- My Portfolio Association: Shows Releases from your portfolio association. Check which Portfolio Association you belong to in Profile.
- I’m a Stakeholder: Show Releases for which you are a stakeholder.
- All: Show all Releases.
Project, and Independent Checkboxes
Click to select the Enterprise, Project and Independent checkboxes:
- Enterprise: Filter by Enterprise releases. Note: Enterprise releases can contain project and independent releases.
- Project: Show project releases only.
- Independent: Show independent releases only.
The Enterprise, Project, and Independent checkboxes now filter in addition to active Query Builder filters. When a Query Builder filter is active (the button is green) the Enterprise, Project, and Independent checkboxes can be used to filter the results. If you check the Show Related Releases checkbox (only visible when Query Builder has an active filter) this will select the Enterprise, Project, and Independent checkboxes and show parent and child releases associated with the filtered results.
Click the Expand All / Collapse All button to show or hide all the child Releases of parent Enterprise Releases on the Release Manager page:
The following images show examples of expanded and collapsed view:
- Expanded View: Showing the child Release of the Enterprise Release 20160216_er_ie9_olya1:
- Collapsed View: Enterprise Release 20160216_er_ie9_olya1 appears but its child Release is hidden.
Gates and Approvals View (Blue Flag)
Gates and Approvals view in Release Manager is a convenient way to add Stakeholders as Approvers to Gates and for those Approvers to select options to approve.
Click Go back to Releases to return to the Release Manager.
Use Query Builder
Query Builder allows users to create and save their own private searches and use public searches. (Users must have the Create/Delete Release Public Query Builder user permission to create, edit or delete public queries.)
To use Query Builder, click the funnel-shaped button on Release Manager. See Manage Query Builder for more information.