Environment Manager allows users to view, search and filter their Environments.
Live Search now searches not only Environment Name, but most standard fields (excluding custom fields).
To use Live Search:
- Go to Environment > Manager.
- Type your search query into the Live Search field. Your search results will appear as you type. Results will be returned for both partial and full matches on search terms.Press Enter to immediately perform the search.
- Live Search searches the following fields and results will be returned for both partial and full matches on search terms:
- Environment Name.
- Environment Group Name.
- Phase Usage.
- Scheduler Display.
Other Filtering Methods
Click the Filter By buttons to filter by:
- My Portfolio Association: Show environments for your portfolio association. Check which portfolio association you belong to in Settings.
- I’m a Stakeholder: Show environments for which you are a stakeholder.
- All: Show all environments.
Filter used or idle Environments and by date:
- Click to select Utilized or Idle checkboxes without selecting a date range in View by Date to see the Environments that are used or idle today:View by Date functions if one, both, or neither of the Utilized or Idle checkboxes are selected.
- To see used or idle Environments for a date range click View By Date.
- Click the View by Date Range toggle switch On.
- Select the Start Date and End Date.
- Click Save & Close.
- Click to select one of the following items from the View by drop-down menu:
- System Name.
- Environment Group Name.
- Click Collapse All to collapse rows so that only the Systems or Environment Groups are visible.
Show and Hide Columns using the Grid Column Selector
It is possible to set which columns will display.
To show or hide columns using the grid column selector headings:
- Hover your mouse cursor over the right-hand side of a header until the header menu button appears.
- Click the header menu button and select Columns.
- Click to select column checkboxes.
Use Query Builder
Query Builder allows users to create and save their own private searches and use public searches. (Users must have the Create/Delete Environment Public Query Builder user permission to create, edit or delete public queries.)
To use Query Builder, click the query builder button on Environment Manager. See Manage Query Builder for more information.
Export your Environments to XLS
To export your Environments to XLS:
- Go to Environment > Manager.Only currently displayed Environments will be exported. Filter your Environments if you do not want to export them all.
- Select Export to XLS from the Action drop-down menu:
- Your Excel file should start downloading immediately. If it doesn’t, check your pop up blocker settings.
- Save the file to your hard drive if prompted.