Users can set up Release Templates privately, then reveal them to other users once the setup is complete.
1. Give Users Access to Release Templates
Set Up Users Permissions
To allow users to privately set up Release Templates:
- Go to Settings > User Management.
- Click Manage Permissions.
- Click to select the Role. For example, Super Admin.
- Click to select the Manage Release Templates user permission checkbox.
- Click Save & Close.
What Does Manage Release Templates User Permission Show?
Manage Release Templates user permission makes the Releases Templates toggle button visible in Release Manager, but only to users who have that user permission.
Users with that permission can then click Templates and start creating Release Templates.
2. Create Release Templates
Release Templates can be created from scratch or duplicated.
3. Make Release Templates Visible to all Users
To make Release Templates visible to all users, not just those with the Manage Release Templates user permission:
- Go to Settings > Customization > Releases.
- Click Release Setup.
- Click to select Enable Create release from templates checkbox to display the Releases Templates toggle button in Release Manager and let users with the correct permissions use Release Templates to create Releases.
- Click Submit.
The yellow Your changes have been saved pop up opens and closes.
If you click away from the Customization page without clicking Submit, your changes will not save.
- Your Release Templates will now be visible to all users.