You must have the ‘View Map’ user permission.
Environment > Map
Access Environment Map
Navigate to Environment > Map and select an Environment Group from the drop-down. Then click .
Administrators can prevent users from viewing and booking Environments and Environment Groups outside their Portfolio Association by selecting the My Portfolio Association checkbox for the ‘Restrict Site-Wide View’ of Environments user permission.
Features of the Environment Map
Colored lines between Environments shows the single connections. (Line color is set by the Connectivity Type.)
Black, dotted lines between Environments shows the multiple connections with the same direction that have different Types. Hovering your mouse cursor over the connection number will open a tooltip listing the Types.
Red dotted lines between Environment Groups show the Integrated Environments. (Environment Groups are integrated with Environments from the Integrated with the field when adding or editing an Environment.)
Edit Environment Group
Edit the selected Environment Group by clicking . See Manage Environment Groups.
View Environment Details
Click an Environment icon to see more information about that Environment.
The side panel opens when an Environment is clicked to show:
- Build: This field will be visible if Builds are enabled. See Manage Builds for more details.
- Icon: Select an icon to represent the Environment.
- Technical Specs and Configurations.
Integrated Environment Groups on the red, dotted lines are not clickable.
You can change the Environment Icon by clicking the Icon drop-down. Icons can be chosen from the Environment Map or while adding or editing an Environment.
To close the panel, click .
Reset Environment Map
Click to reset the Environment Map and its original position.
Manage Environment Map Display
Click for the following options:
- Show Environment Names: Click to toggle the visibility of the Environment Names.
- Show Environment Group/s: Click to toggle the visibility of the integrated Environment Groups.
- Show Connectivity Type Info: Click to toggle the visibility of single connection types and multiple connection numbering.
- Show Details of Multiple Connections: Click to toggle the visibility of multiple connection types.
Click to expand the Environment Map to the full screen.
Press the Escape key on your keyboard to close full-screen view.
You can select one or more Technical Specs fields on the Environment Map and copy them using right-click copy, Control + C, or Apple Key + C.
host-162 Application Build # (1) Version (1.1) Network IP (18.104.22.168) Operating System Patch (2.3) Version (12.4) Database Version (8.5) Middleware Version (4.5)
To copy the version number only:
- Click to select an Environment icon. (Integrated Environment Groups on the red, dotted lines are not clickable.)
- Select a Version field.
- Press CTRL+C (for Windows) or the Apple Key + C (for Macs).
- Paste the version number into another application or document.