You can save time by bulk updating Release information, stakeholders, and activities. When bulk updating a field or a tab, data will either be replaced (in the case of text fields and drop-down menus) or added (in the case of Stakeholders and combo boxes).
The steps overlayed in this article is applicable to:
- bulk update Releases and
- bulk update Release Templates
Release > Manager
Bulk Update Releases
To bulk update Release
- Navigate to the ‘Release Manager’ page.
- Click the Release or Template toggle button as required.
- Select two or more Releases (or Release Templates)
- Click .
- Click Bulk Update.
On the ‘Bulk Update’ pop-up, update the following:
‘Release Information’ Tab
|Release Type||Select a release type from the drop-down.|
|Status||Select a status from the drop-down.|
|Portfolio Association||Select a Portfolio Association from the drop down.|
|Risk Level||Select the risk level.|
|Release Location||Enter a location|
|Implementation Date||Select an Implementation Date.|
|Phases||Select a phase. The Start Date and End Date fields will be grayed out until a Phase is selected|
|Gates||Select a gate. The Start Date and End Date fields will be grayed out until a Gate is selected|
If you have selected a Status with an End State, Please confirm deployment status for each system section displays at the bottom of the pop-up and you need to confirm the deployment status for each system.
Select the System from the list and click Completed, Rejected, or Rollback.
‘Additional Information’ Tab
The Additional Information tab contains custom fields, which administrators have added using Release Custom Fields Customization. These fields will vary between each Plutora installation. Please consult your administrator for the procedure for filling in these fields.
Live Search for Systems or Portfolio Associations and then drag and drop Systems from the ‘Systems Available’ panel into:
- Code Implementation Dependency: To show that the System is impacted by the Release.
- Regression Verification Dependency: (If only Project or Independent Releases are selected.) To show that the Release poses a regression risk to the System.
- the two custom Systems Subtypes.
To add a stakeholder, click and proceed with filling up the fields. For more information, see Manage Release Stakeholder.
You can bulk update the Activities and Criteria on this tab. Filter the Activities and Criteria using the Activities and Criteria checkboxes.
- Select the checkboxes of the Activities and Criteria.
- Select a user/user group from the Assigned To drop-down menu, to add a new user or user group to the selected Activities and Criteria. You can select from all the Stakeholders from all the selected Releases.
- Select a status from the Status drop-down menu, for the selected Activities and Criteria.
After doing the required updates on this pop-up, click . The selected Releases (or Templates) will display with the updates on the grid.