Add or edit a TECR when you need to update an Environment or promote a Build to a new Environment.
Workflows allow administrators to control the way TECRs are processed. Using the TECR Status Customization, administrators can set:
- The sequence of TECR Statuses for each TECR Type.
- The User Groups or User Roles that have the permission to update each TECR Status.
For instance, a TECR Type might have a workflow based on the TECR Statuses: Draft > Active > Complete. All User Roles might have permission to change the TECR Status from Draft to Active (using the Status drop-down menu) but only a Manager User Role might have permission to change the TECR Status from Active to Complete. This workflow would allow managers to check each TECR before it is completed.
If the Enable TECR Workflow checkbox is selected in TECR Status Customization, users can click Expand Workflow to view the TECR’s workflow path and see who initiated each status update. Clicking Collapse Workflow hides the workflow.
To add or edit a TECR:
1. Details Tab
To add or edit a TECR:
- To add a TECR, do one of the following:
To add a TECR, you must have the Create Environment Change Request user permission.
- Go to + New > Environments > TECR.
- Go to + New > Environment > TECR or click TECR on the Environment Requests page.
- Go to Environment > Requests and click TECR.
- Go to Environment > Requests, click the TECR tab, click to select a TECR and select Duplicate from the Action drop-down menu.
- Go to Environment > Schedule, select any View and select the TECR checkbox from the Quick Filter. Left-click and drag your mouse cursor along the TECR row. This will open the Add A New TECR pop up for the dates selected.
- To edit a TECR:
To edit a TECR, you must have the Update Environment Change Request user permission.
- Go to Environments > Environment Requests.
- Click the TECR tab.
- Click to open a TECR.
- Type the Title.
- Select the Release from the Release Name drop-down menu:
- Only Releases that do not have an End State will appear in the menu.
- Now you can filter Changes under the Linked Change tab by the Release that you select here.
- Select a User or User Group from the Assigned To drop-down menu:
- Hover your mouse cursor over a User Group in the Assigned To field to show the group members.
- The Requestor field is not editable.
- Select a Start Date and time.
- Select an End Date and time.
Start Date and End Date will be adjusted automatically to match the viewing user’s time zone.
- Select a Type from the Type drop-down menu.
- Select a Status from the Status drop-down menu.
- Click to select Yes or No for the Show on Env. Scheduler checkboxes.
- Click the orange-linked number to manage attachments, such as Microsoft Word files or images:
- Manage URLs:
- Manage files:
- Add a file:
- Click + New.
- Click Add file.
- Click to select an attachment.
- Click Open.
- View a file attachment:
- Download a file attachment:
- Delete a file attachment:
- Add a file:
- Click to select Yes and Outage Start and Outage End if the TECR contains an outage:
- Type a Description.
- Click Add Environment:
- Administrators can prevent users from viewing and booking Environments and Environment Groups outside their Portfolio Association by selecting the My Portfolio Association checkbox for the Restrict Site-Wide View of Environments user permission.
- Select an Environment or Environment group from the drop-down menus:
- Only one Environment or Environment Group can be selected at a time.
- Repeat to select more.
- Click Save before continuing.
- Sort Environments along the Progression Path by dragging and dropping them.
- Click Add Start Time and add a start date and time for each Environment or Environment group.
- Click Add End Time and add an end date and time for each Environment or Environment group.
- Follow the instructions depending on your settings.
Update the Layer to be Changed
Manually update Environment Components via TECR. For example, change the version number from 1.1 to 1.2:
- Click Add layer to be changed on each Environment.
- Select the Host from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Layer from the drop-down menu.
- Select a layer from the Component drop-down menu.
- Type a New Component value, which will become the new version number.
- Click Save & Close.
- Select a Status:
- This is usually a status like Pending if the update will be moderated by administrators.
- Administrators can moderate the updates by changing the status from Pending to Completed.
- For the moderation process to work:
- Administrators must have their User Role selected for each TECR Status (or the status will be grayed out; this is particularly important if no TECR workflow is enabled).
- There must be a Completed TECR Status set up.
- Once the Status has been set to Completed and saved the component version will be updated in the Environment and in the TECR.
Multiple Layers of the same Environment are now updated simultaneously. When the Status is changed to Completed, all component values will be updated.
- TECRs can be changed from Completed status to a different status.
- Environments in a TECR cannot be changed from Completed status due to component version updates that may have been applied.
- If you want to be able to change TECRs and their Environments out of Completed status and you do not want to update Environment component values, set up and use a Complete TECR Status instead of Completed.
Select and Run Automated Jobs
Update the Build
See Manage Builds.
2. Additional Information Tab
The Additional Information tab contains custom fields, which administrators have added using TECR Custom Fields Customization. These fields will vary between each Plutora installation. Please consult your administrator for the procedure for filling in these fields.
- Click the Additional Information tab.
- Fill in the fields.
- Click Save when you have finished.
3. Linked Change Tab
This tab allows users to keep track of the Changes linked to their TECR.
To manage the Linked Change tab:
- Click the Linked Change tab.
- Click the Filter by Associated Release/Remove Associated Release Filter toggle button to switch between all Changes and only the Changes associated with the Release you selected under the Details tab. If the button is grayed out, click Save.
- Drag and drop Changes from the Available panel into the Change connected to TECR panel.
- Click Save.
4. Comments Tab
The comments tab allows users to comment on the TECR and answer other user’s comments.
To add a comment:
- Type your comment into the Enter Comment Here field.
- Click Send.
To edit a comment:
- Click Edit on the comment.
- Edit the comment.
- Click Update.
Delete a comment:
- Click Delete on the comment.
- Click Yes.
5. Save & Close
- Click Save & Close.
View Audit History
Click the clock-shaped button in the TECR pop up header to view the Audit History of the record. To see more information about Audit History, click here.
Copy URL to Clipboard
Users can copy a TECR’s URL to the clipboard by clicking the Copy to Clipboard button on the top right of the pop up.
Add to Favorites
Users can add the TECR to their TECR Favorites by clicking the Add to Favorites button on the top right of the pop up.