Features Included in Python 4.0.14
Regional Release Schedule
Major Functionality Enhancements
Custom Fields Permission-Based Visibility
- Users will have the ability to lock down Custom Fields based on the Permission of the Role.
- This functionality can be set under Settings > Customization > Release Custom Fields > View Permissions.
- By ticking the “Enable” checkbox and setting the corresponding roles, users will have the ability to lock down the Custom Fields.
- The locked Custom Fields will be hidden for the Release Additional Information Tab, Query Builder, and Grid Column Filtering.
Impacted Systems against the Enterprise Release
- Users can now add the System/Application to the Enterprise Level Release.
- Plutora has added several new customizable options to allow users to config the Impact Type and much more.
Release and Project Labeling Customization
- Users have the ability to edit and remove Dependent Project/Releases terminology.
- Before, by clicking the ‘Add New’ button under the Releases Grid, users could create Project Releases or Independent Releases.
- Now, the terminology of Project Releases or Independent Releases can be set by users in the Customization Settings.
- This new functionality can be found under Settings > Customization > Releases > Release Title.
Real-Time Deployment Editing
- When a user edits the Deployment Plan Activities, other users in the same Deployment Plan will be able to see the same actions in real-time.
- TECR Status Workflow Setting
- Plutora provides new functionality to define an advanced Test Environment Change Request Status Workflow.
- This new functionality can be turned on under the Settings > Customization > Environment > TECR Status > Enable TECR Workflow.
- Via the TECR Workflow Diagram window, users can define the Status Workflow based on the TECR Type.
- Users can drag the available TECR Status from the left available column to the right drawing area. You can then link and order the Status via the top right-hand corner square link icon.
- Users can set the starting point of the workflow via the play icon and the SLA Breach time, SLA Breach background color and font color via the cog icon.
- TECR Status Workflow Functionality
- After turning on the new option, users can access this functionality via the TECR window and click the “expand TECR workflow” button on the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Based on the predefined workflow, users can carry out the TECR Status based on the TECR Status Workflow.
Updated Reporting Center
- Plutora has deployed a new updated and faster Report Engine to improve the Report Center Performance.
Functional Enhancements in Python
Deployment Plan Privileges
- Users now have the ability to edit Deployment Plans which are in approved and execution mode.
- A new permission has been added called “Update Deployment Plan in Approved and Execution Mode” in the Manage Permissions section to support this new functionality.
Deployment Plan Duration Dial shows Planned vs. Actual Duration
- One extra outer ring has been added to the original Duration Dial under the Deployment Plan.
- This Dial now will display the Planned Duration against the Actual Duration of Deployment Plan.
Environment Schedule export to PDF, Engine Rebuild
- Plutora has enhanced the functionality of exporting the Environment Schedules to PDF. Export works faster and presents cleaner when viewing in PDF format.
Release Calendar – Order by Release
- Enterprise Releases will be displayed on the top of Releases > Release Calendar > Releases List, and all child releases will be displayed underneath ordered by Release ID and Date.
Export Capacity Management to Excel
- Users have the ability to export the Capacity Management Grid via the Export button under Capacity tab of the Release window:
- Exporting has been applied to both Enterprise and Child Releases.
Release Activity – Start Date & Release Activity ‘Duration’
- A new field called “Start Date” has been added to the Activity/Criteria window:
- Users can define the Start Date of the Activity, and the total duration will be displayed in the Release > Activities grid based on the difference between the Start and End Dates.
- Start Date is not a mandatory field.
Release Schedule Performance Improvements
- The loading performance of the Release Schedule has been improved significantly.
Blockout Periods under Release Scheduler
- Users now have the option to choose which Blockout Periods will be displayed under Release Schedule.
- This functionality can be turned on under Release > Blockout Periods > Blockout Window > Visibility > Show on Scheduler.
Release Schedule export to PDF
- Plutora has enhanced the functionality of exporting the Release Schedule to PDF. Export works faster and presents cleaner when viewing in PDF format.
User Management Validation
- A confirmation message will be displayed to prevent users accidentally deleting the User Group under User Management.
User Interface Improvements
- The main header has been reduced in size to allow more application real-estate.
- Release & TECR data-grid fonts have been reduced.
Extended TEBR and TECR Functionality
- Plutora REST API’s have been updated to now cater for all fields in the TEBR and TECR entities. API is available for immediate use.
|Users were unable to see activities details by clicking on the Gate under the Release Gating View.||By clicking on the Gate via the Gating view, the associated Criteria will be brought up as usual.|
|Users were not able to scroll to reach the last Phases/Gates on the Release Activities Tab when there were lots of Phases/Gates.||One extra scrollbar has been added to the Release Activities Tab to prevent this situation from happening again.|
|When using Query Builder and Grid Column Filter together for the Release Name, the filter results for Child Release were not complete.||The Query Builder and Grid Column Filter will work properly under any circumstances now.|
|Under the Release > Environments tab, Environment Group with long description would not be properly fit into the Environment Group card.||The amount of the Environment Group Description that can be displayed has been restricted to fit into the Environment Group card.|
|When the user had many Environments down the bottom of the Environment Change Request, TECR will load all the environment layer cards. However, when the user scrolled to the right and clicked the ‘Start Time’ and/or ‘End Time’, the window would lose focus and slide back to the start.||The ‘Start Time’ and/or ‘End Time’ for the right most Environment Layer Cards will stay focused when the user tries to edit them now.|
|Systems – Custom Fields values were not shown in the data grid.||Custom Fields for Systems can be displayed under the Systems data grid now.|
|When the user duplicated TEBR, this would not duplicate the System from the original System.||The System from the original TEBR will be copied when duplicating a TEBR.|
|When the user changed Booking Dates via the drag icon under Environment Scheduler, the updated date was not saved.||The Booking Request Start/End will be updated properly when the user changes the Booking Dates with the drag action.|
|When creating a new Environment or editing an existing environment, the “Integrated with” field does not allow you to associate it with an Environment Group.||Users will now be able to select the Environment Groups that the environment should belong to and save without issue.|
|When using IE11, users were not able to import Deployment Plans properly.||Deployment Plans can now be imported using any browser.|
|Users were not able to reassign the organization as the list was not loading.||Users now can reassign the organization to a different organization.|