Test Plans serve as containers for your tests.
Explanation of overall statistics, timeline and contributions on the Test Plan Info tab
When you open a Test plan (by clicking the blue-linked ID or Name) the following data appears on the Test Plan Info tab.
The Overall panel displays the number of:
- Test cases: Test cases in the Test Plan.
- Tested: Test cases that have been tested.
- Pass: Those tested test cases that have passed their test.
- Failed: Those tested test cases that have failed their test.
- Defects Raised: Total number of Defects raised (previously showed only the total Defects linked to the Test Plan but now shows Defects linked directly to the Test Plan).
- Blocked TCs: Those tested test cases that were unable to be fully tested due to problems not related to the test, such as the system being down.
- Descoped: Test Cases is not relevant, not part of the scope, and does not need to be run.
The timeline panel displays:
- Created on: The start date of the first phase.
- Will end on: The end date of the final phase.
- The color-coded data from the Overall panel: Passed, Failed and so on.
The contributions panel displays:
- An upper bar made up of smaller bars showing the contribution by each tester.
- Hovering the mouse cursor over a smaller bar opens a pop up showing the contributions by that user.
- For example, in the pop up below, Paul Sanchez has performed 32 TCE (test case executions) which accounted for approximately 53.2% of the total test case executions.
- The upper bar is usually longer than the lower bar because the upper bar includes test cases that have been repeated due to being failed or blocked.
- A green lower bar, showing tested test cases as a percentage of total test cases.