The purpose of this article is to provide high-level instructions for Plutora administrators. Once you have gone through the steps below, you will be able to manage Plutora for other users.
Go to Settings > Organization Structure.
Organizations usually contain a number of departments, branches, workgroups, or individuals. These are represented as the Organization Structure.
In Plutora, the Organization Structure should be set up first because it is used to assign Portfolio Associations to Users, Systems, and Releases. This allows users to filter on Systems and Releases in their Portfolio.
To set up Organization Structure:
Go to Settings > User Management.
In the User Management area you can:
- View and search for Users.
- Add new Users:
- Every user’s email address must be unique.
- Users can only be associated with one Portfolio Association.
- Once a User has been created in Plutora, they will receive an activation email prompting them to activate their account. Administrators can resend these emails.
- Edit existing Users:
- Delete Users.
- Reset User Passwords.
- Unlock User Accounts:
- User’s accounts lock if they make a certain number of failed login attempts (this number is set in Login Settings Customization). Only administrators can unlock these accounts.
- Manage User Roles and User Permissions:
- User Roles are used to define User Permissions, which allow Users to view and use various parts of Plutora.
- Manage User Groups:
- Send Broadcast Emails:
- Send email notifications to Users and User Groups.
- Reassign Activities to Another User:
- When a Users leaves a company, they may have unfinished activities. Administrators can move these activities so they can be completed by another User.
Go to Settings > Customization.
Organizations can customize various areas of Plutora in order to reflect their business. For example, they can rename certain title screens, and create drop down lists and custom fields.
Plutora’s modules are listed in the left navigation panel. All available customizations are listed below each module name.
Click the – or + next to each module name to open and close the module folder.
Click a customization to open it.
Always click Submit after making changes.
To set up Releases in Plutora:
- Add Release Phases.
- Add Release Statuses.
- Add custom fields (if required):
- Release Custom Fields (and Release Custom Lists if you have created a drop down menu, combo box, drag and drop field, or contact field).
- System Custom Fields (and System Custom Lists if you have created a drop down menu or combo box).
- Capacity Custom Fields (and Capacity Custom Lists if you have created a drop down menu or combo box).
Go to Settings > Customization > Email Template Wizard.
Email templates allow administrators to send emails containing specific content, to specific users or user groups, after specified trigger events, such as an updated Release Date.
Go to Settings > Customization > Integration.
Use the adaptors for: