Release Manager allows users to view, search and filter their Enterprise, Project, and Independent Releases.
Open a Release (by clicking the blue-linked Release ID or Release Name) to view, edit, or delete it.
To filter Releases:
- Go to Release > Manager.
- If the grid column filter is a:
- Search field: Type a search term.
- Drop down menu: Click to select a list item.
- Combo box: Click to select one or more checkboxes.
- Date field: Select a date and click Done.
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard to run the filter.
Users can also make their Release Custom Fields display on the Release Manager.
To add Release Custom Fields columns to the Release Manager:
When Release Custom Fields columns are visible in the Release Manager grid (see Show and Hide Columns using the Grid Column Selector above) they can now be edited by clicking on the cells, similar to Microsoft Excel.
- Go to Release > Manager.
- Go to the Release Custom Fields columns. (Usually located on the right-hand side of the page.)
- Click a cell in one of the Release Custom Fields columns.
- The cell can be edited and saved, just like a cell in Microsoft Excel.
- Click outside the cell to save your changes.
Drag and drop fields and Channel Impacting are not editable from Release Manager.
- Click refresh on your browser if you are experiencing problems using the feature for the first time.
- The usual user permissions still apply. Users must have:
It is possible to set which columns will display in Release Manager.
To show or hide columns using the grid column selector headings:
- Hover your mouse cursor over the right-hand side of a header until the header menu button appears.
- Click the header menu button and select Columns.
- Click to select column checkboxes.
Release Packages column will only be selectable if enabled in Release Package Customization.
Click the Filter By buttons to filter by:
- My Portfolio Association: Shows releases from your portfolio association. Check which portfolio association you belong to in Profile.
- I’m a Stakeholder: Show releases for which you are a stakeholder.
- All: Show all releases.
Click to select the Enterprise, Project and Independent checkboxes:
- Enterprise: Filter by Enterprise releases. Note: Enterprise releases can contain project and independent releases.
- Project: Show project releases only.
- Independent: Show independent releases only.
Click the Expand All / Collapse All button to show or hide all the child Releases of parent Enterprise Releases on the Release Manager page:
The following images show examples of expanded and collapsed view:
Gates and Approvals view in Release Manager is a convenient way to add Stakeholders as Approvers to Gates and for those Approvers to select options to approve.
Click Go back to Releases to return to the Release Manager.
Query Builder allows users to create and save their own private searches and use public searches. (Users must have the Create/Delete Release Public Query Builder user permission to create, edit or delete public queries.)
To use Query Builder, click the funnel-shaped button on Release Manager. See Manage Query Builder for more information.