Post-Implementation Reviews (PIRs) allow companies to discuss and learn from their mistakes, so they will not repeat them. During and after the deployment process, users can raise incidents (PIR Items) for Releases and use them to discuss:
- What they can do to prevent the incident from happening again.
- What actions can be performed to fix the incident.
- The underlying issue or root cause of the incident.
- The impacts of the incident, now and in the future.
PIRs act as a container for their PIR Items.
On the PIR Manager page, users can:
- In the PIR Manager grid:
- In PIRs:
- In PIR Items:
In the redesigned PIR Manager:
- PIRs and their Statuses (the boxes) are in the panel on the left:
- To search for PIRs:
- Click All to view a list of all PIR Items (allocated and unallocated to PIRs) in the right-hand grid.
- Click Unallocated to view a list of PIR Items that are not allocated to PIRs, in the right-hand grid.
- PIR Items are in the grid on the right.
- To add or edit PIRs click here.
- To add or edit PIR Items click here.
Users can view Impacts, Actions, Root Causes, and Preventative Measures in the PIR Manager page:
The grid column selector is the set of search fields and menus at the top of the data columns, under the column headers. In the redesigned PIR Manager, the PIR panel no longer has a grid column filter but users can search for PIR IDs.
The grid column selector for the PIR Items is outlined in the screenshot below:
To filter PIR Items on the PIR Manager page:
- Go to PIR > Manager.
- If the grid column filter is a:
- Search field: Type a search term.
- Drop down menu: Click to select a list item.
- Combo box: Click to select one or more checkboxes.
- Date field: Select a date and click Done.
- Press the Enter key to run the filter.
PIR Manager has a number of default columns but it is possible to add more.
To show or hide columns using the grid column selector headings:
Users can also filter using their PIR Item custom fields columns.
To add custom field columns to the PIR Manager page:
- Go to PIR > Manager.
- Select Grid Column Selector from the Action drop-down menu.
- Drag and drop custom fields into Selected Columns.
Fields in Grid Column Selector containing a padlock have been locked by administrators using the PIR Custom Fields Customization. Fields can also be made uneditable or hidden entirely by administrators using these customizations.
- Click Save & Close. The selected custom fields will appear as new columns to the right of the PM column.
Query Builder allows users to create and save their own private searches and use public searches. (Users must have the Create/Delete Post Implementation Review Public Query Builder and Create/Delete Post Implementation Review Item Public Query Builder user permissions to create, edit or delete public queries.)
To use Query Builder, click the funnel-shaped button on PIR Manager. See Manage Query Builder for more information.